During the summer months, my husband and I love to eat many Mediterranean dishes. They’re full of flavor and a fun way to switch meal ideas. I often dream of days we’ll travel together and eat real authentic dishes. One day, one day, but until then, I’ll create some magic in my own kitchen. This fun Mediterranean inspired crescent ring is full of flavor and veggie goodness! Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!
Mediterranean Inspired Crescent Ring
Course Appetizer or lunch
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Author Chalese Emert I Emertville.com
- 5 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 12 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2c garlic and herb flavored feta cheese
- 1/2c diced red bell pepper
- 1/4c finely chopped kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts lightly toasted
- 1/4tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2c mayonnaise
- 1Tbsp minced garlic
- 2tsp fresh chopped dill
- 28 oz pkgs crescent rolls
- 1egg white lightly beaten
- 3Tbsp fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- cooking spray
- Heat olive oil in skillet (I prefer cast iron). Add red onion and sauté until translucent. Add minced garlic and bell pepper and continue cooking for 3 more min. Add spinach and stir until leaves become wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, use a fork to toss together all ingredients except the crescent rolls. Set aside.
- On a large baking sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray, arrange the crescent dough, separating the dough into triangles along the perforations. Lay the dough triangles in a circle form, overlapping slightly at the corners.
- Spoon the ingredient mix filling around the circle formed by the overlapping dough triangles. Gently fold the long end of each triangle over the filling to form the ring.
- Brush the dough with the egg white and sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until filling is heated through and crescent dough is browned and toasty. Slice and serve! Yields 4-14 depending on portions (lunch or appetizer)